This week I took on a challenge that is really making me question my decision to work without thimbles – denim pocket mends. This involved removing the pockets, adding patches from behind, and then stitching the pockets back on.
First I unstitched the top half of the pockets, trimmed the denim into a more manageable shape, and then pinned black denim to the inside.
I really like the look and sturdiness of blanket stitch for this kind of patch, so I did that on all three holes before re-stitching the pockets.
I also reinforced a few worn spots before they could get worse, hopefully preventing more difficult future repairs!